Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016

So I got transferred! And I went super far. I went all the way to the Pioneer ward in Lincoln. We literally meet in the same church building. Their apartment is about 7 minutes away from the Holmes Lake apartment. So it's basically just like having a sleepover with a friend at their house that you've been to a million times. My new companion's name is Sister Morrin! Sister Munger and I literally hung out with her and her last companion at their apartment like every P-day the last 2 transfers, so this was the smallest change ever. But I love it! Sister Morrin is so awesome, we're already best friends, and I still get to see Sister Munger and everyone from my last ward on Sunday at church when our blocks overlap. This is seriously the best little change ever.


And at transfer point I got to see my MTC friends, Elder Lindgren and Elder Clark! I haven't seen either of them in forever, and now they're companions here in Lincoln! They're in the other zone, so I don't really get to see them ever, but they meet in the same church building too, so I can run into them and the Holmes Lake sisters at church! Too bad Sister Johnson is in Iowa now, otherwise our MTC group would be complete!
Here's our awkward picture together, since you can't not take an awkward picture with elders . . .

Fun fact about the Pioneer ward: It's 60% children. (Our bishop likes to do math.)
Other fun fact: 18% of the ward is moving in the next 3-8 weeks, including both of the bishop's counselors. So that should be interesting. Our ward is already kind of small to begin with, so we're not sure what's going to happen. All the bishop would say is, "Don't worry, there are things in the works." I think they might change all the ward boundaries, so it'll be interesting.
Other fun fact: Our ward is half Spanish! We have Spanish elders in the ward and everything. All the Spanish-speaking members sit in the back of the chapel and have headphones to hear the translation, so maybe I'll finally get to use my 4 years of Spanish class when we talk to them!
I'm SO EXCITED for General Conference this weekend! I've never been so excited for anything! The women's session Saturday night was awesome, here's a link if you missed out.https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SA_3-26-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng
Quote of the Week: 
"we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth andchange that is slow, almost imperceptible...We must not lose hope. Hope is an anchor to the souls of men. Satan would have us cast away that anchor. In this way he can bring discouragement andsurrender. But we must not lose hope. The Lord is pleased with every effort, even the tiny, daily ones in which we strive to be more like Him. Though we may see that we have far to go on the roadto perfection, we must not give up hope." ~Ezra Taft Benson


​~Sister Temp

Just kidding, I'm not done yet. (I have a great memory, it's fine.) Here's my new address.
1331 G St #309
Lincoln, NE 68508
And here's a cool Easter-y picture. Because I feel bad for emailing again.

http://media.ldscdn.org/images/media-library/jesus-christ/bible-book-of-mormon-39683-gallery.jpg


​And the sky, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment