Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 4, 2016

Are you ever just ridiculously happy for no apparent reason? Because that's how my week has been. (Even though I've had a cold this week. But it's mostly over now.) Basically I just love being a missionary in Nebraska in the Pioneer ward with Sister Morrin. We might even get to move in with the Leavitts, this awesome older couple in the ward! They have a sweet basement, so hopefully that works out. And they have like 7 birds! And the birds and I are friends now! I really hope we get to move in. The stake approved the housing last night so the mission just needs to approve it and then we get a new house! 






So there's this investigator we have named Kelly and the sisters have been teaching her for a while and she refuses to call us by our title. I've never met someone so adamant about using our first names. She kind of scares me. She asked me what my name was (after I told her it was Sister Temp she told me she wants my "real" name) and I just sat there for a second because I'm awkward and I can't say my name anymore and then she said she would guess and she guessed Rachel and I immediately said, "Yep! That's it. My name is Rachel." And she said, "I knew it, you really look like a Rachel." So now she calls me Rachel. And I'm a lying liar lie-face and now I don't know how to tell her that I awkwardly lied about my name so I guess I will forever be Rachel.



​Conference party! We had crepes that morning, and they were delicious.

General Conference was SOOOOO GOOOOOOD. I've never felt so excited for conference before. I can't believe it's already over. I just wish there were like 5 more sessions. I just loved it. Especially Hollands! It was a perfect conclusion.
Quote of the Week:
"Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. Brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. That’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength." ~Jeffrey R. Holland

 Here's a link for the talk summaries! Go read all of them.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/talk-summaries?lang=eng
These clouds are ridiculous. I just want a tornado.
~Sister (Rachel?) Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment