Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 6, 2016

This is so weird. I can't believe this is my last full week as a missionary! I feel like I was just at the MTC a month or two ago! This was the shortest longest thing of my life. Or the longest shortest. 

So, I left my planner and my journal at home today. So I have no idea what happened this week but I'll see if I can remember anything.


We had our LAST district meeting on Wednesday! If you'll notice from the picture, I'm in a sistrict. (Sistrict = a district full of all sisters except the district leader and his companion.) So Tuesday evening we got a call from the district leader asking us to give a training on Wednesday. We weren't too fond of the idea, but the topic was diligence and we learned SO MUCH. 

So listen: we were trying to figure out the difference between diligent and hardworking, so we looked up hardworking, which led us to industrious, which led us to busy, which led us to busywork, which said something along the lines of "Being occupied but not necessarily being productive," which blew our minds. So basically the difference between working hard and being diligent is the difference between sacrifice and consecration. Sacrifice is giving something up, but consecration is giving something to the Lord. It was just awesome to study. I would recommend it.

Well, that's really all I remember. Here are some random tidbits from the week: 
- Fireflies have started to come out! 
- We weren't at the trail center for 3 days straight and it was really sad.
- The trail center is ridiculously busy now that it's summer. I never get to sit down anymore.
- Sister Munger came to the trail center on Saturday with 2 of my favorite members from Lincoln and I didn't know they would be there but it made my life.
- I'm going to cry if there are no tornadoes in Omaha in the next 10 days. So that's something to keep in your prayers. Hahaha just kidding. (Kind of...)
- Our investigator James came to church yesterday for 2 hours!!! I love when that happens.
- A group of BYU-Idaho students came to the trail center yesterday and it was really weird to give them a tour. 
- One of the senior couples in the trail center gave me a packet of their favorite quotes! How did they know that's the best gift ever? (Fun fact: the senior couple actually came out at the same time as me and they were in my first district when I was in York! I'm so glad I get to serve with them again.)

This is what happens when you accidentally leave your camera at the front desk.


Quote of the Week (from my new packet of quotes):​ 
"Faith can move mountains but don't be surprised when God hands you a shovel."

Bonus quote!
"When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with cries of 'me too!' be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe."


​~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment