Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May 30, 2016

This week was so busy! We had zone conference on Tuesday and afterwards we had zone olympics!! I was so excited to try again since I didn't win anything last year. I tried for pushups (and failed) and for arm curls (and failed) and for stick pull and I actually won the stick pull! I finally got an official NOMlympics medal!


This is me and Sister Pinhey after zone olympics with our medals! She's awesome. Everyone says we look like twins.


On Saturday we got to take a field trip to a bunch of different historic sites in the area! We talk about these places all the time when we give tours, so they thought it would be good for us to go and learn a bit more about them and actually experience it. We went to some different spots on the Mormon trail, and Mosquito Creek (accurately named. I've never seen a bigger swarm of mosquitoes in my life.) and Hyde Park and other places like that.
Working at the trail center has been crazy busy this week because school just got out, so you basically never sit down for your entire 6 hour shift. But it's fun! I've given a bunch of solo tours and I feel like I really mostly know what I'm talking about now, so that's good. I'm working on making a time line because all the different dates kill me.

On Monday we had a huge storm, but Sister Borla is crazy and called it perfect exercise weather so we went out and ran in the rain.​


Quote of the Week! (It's a pioneer quote too!)
"We came through with the absolute knowledge that God lives for we became acquainted with him in our extremities. I have pulled my handcart when I was so weak and weary from illness and lack of food that I could hardly put one foot ahead of the other. I have looked ahead and seen a patch of sand or a hill slope and I said, I can go only that far and there I must give up for I cannot pull my load through it. I have gone on to that sand and when I reached it, the cart began pushing me. I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the angels of God were there. Was I sorry that I chose to come by handcart? No. Neither then nor one moment of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay and I am thankful that I was privileged to come to Zion in the Martin Handcart Company” ~Francis Webster

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment