Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Soooooooo, I'm no longer in York. Weird. I don't think it's hit me yet.

Anyway, I'm in Elkhorn now! Which is part of Omaha. President Gardner called me and Sister Brunner last Thursday at 6:36 in the morning. That is way too early. Sister Brunner had the phone and she accidentally hung up on him before she answered and then when she told me President Gardner just called us, I was like, "Psh, yeah right." But then he called back and told Sister Brunner that she's training a new missionary in York and then he talked to me and told me I would be opening the Elkhorn area to sisters. Soooooo that was great. I got slightly extremely overwhelmed. But I'm now companions with Sister Peters! She's awesome. At first I was skeptical because I know she's really quiet, and obviously that's supposed to be my role in the companionship, but she's just perfect. We get along so great. Here's our first picture together!






If we look tired, it's because we are. There's so much to do.

Saying goodbye to people in York was easier than I thought, so I don't think I realize that I'm not going back anytime soon. It'll hit eventually. Here's my last pic with Sis. B.



On Friday, I got to ride in the transfer van for about 5 hours, so that was great. And long. But I got to see Sister Johnson, my mtc companion! She was getting transferred to Lincoln so we rode together a couple hours. When we got to Omaha, Sister Peters and I had no idea where we were going or anything and they ended up putting us with the Deer Creek sisters, so we have to drive for like 20 minutes to get to our area every day. We're staying with them until September 1, so if you wanna send me a letter in the next couple three days, you should probably send it to 6712 Dodge St, Omaha. 68132. But if you're sending it later, you can send it to the members we'll be living with, their address is 2327 South 191st St, Omaha 68130. 

​​Here's a cow reading the Book of Mormon. New investigator!



Oh, my district. So great.​



I really like this quote: "The gospel is a fountain of knowledge that never runs dry. There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday, in every meeting, and in every verse of scripture." ~Gerald Causse

The end. I'll probably write more next week.
~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment