Monday, November 9, 2015

November 2, 2015


Remember how Nebraska is super weird and eats chili with cinnamon rolls and I swore I would never be that weird because chili and cinnamon rolls are just wrong? Well, I gave in. And it seems so wrong, but it is the most delicious thing of my life. Who knew? I feel like I had this hole in my life that only this combination could fill. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat chili without cinnamon rolls ever again. 


​I can't believe this sky is real life.


Oh my goodness, this week was crazy. 

On Monday, we got to carve pumpkins with my favorite family ever, the Gibsons! Ignore the fact that TJ looks a little possessed. It's fine. 


Our ward did a Halloween trunk-or-treat/chili cook-off and on Sunday Sister Johnson and Sister Tiritilli and I decided to jokingly sign up to bring chili, and then the day of the party came and we realized we actually had to make chili. So we threw together a bunch of different types of beans and squash and onions and tomatoes and peppers and put it all in a crockpot and prayed it would turn out okay. And it was flippin delicious, we got second place in the chili cook-off. The Lord answers prayers. We also dressed up and of course I dressed up as the Doctor and it was fantastic. Don't look too closely at my sonic screwdriver though, because it's actually a duck call. But you can't really tell.


And then on Sunday, President Gardner called and told us that he was coming to our sacrament meeting because I never got my president interview this transfer since I got moved to Neb City after he had already done interviews here. So I had my interview and it was great. He's so inspired.

Quote of the Week: "We must never forget that we have the truth. We have the understanding of the entire Plan of Salvation which gives us purpose and meaning in our lives. We know that God love us and is interested in the details of our lives. He loves you personally and he knows who you are. He knows your strengths and he knows your weaknesses. He knows what you can and will become. He wants you to pray to Him and study the Gospel so that you can know what you need to do and how you need to live to return and be with Him.
He has provided His Son Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. Christ loved us so much that He willingly gave His life so that we might live again. We must apply the atonement in our lives, repent fully of those mistakes that we have made so that we can be clean and have the Spirit with us fully as we serve. We must reverently partake of the Sacrament each week so that we can renew our covenants and be washed clean. We must share this message of hope with ALL of our brothers and sisters." ~President Gardner

~Sister Temp


No comments:

Post a Comment