Monday, November 9, 2015

October 26, 2015


​There are these demon bugs everywhere that look like ladybugs but they're not. They're actually like some sort of Japanese beetle that bite. I can't wait for winter so all the bugs will go away.


And of course the clouds are still as wonderful as always.


Oh my goodness, I've never actually seen trees turn red and orange and yellow in real life, I didn't know that was actually a thing. It is SO BEAUTIFUL out here right now.  I've never seen trees so beautiful. Fun fact: Nebraska City started Arbor Day so there are a couple-three billion trees everywhere.


Here's our truck Bruce! He's my favorite. The only downside is that there's no way to plug in a USB to listen to all of our music, so we've been listening to the same CD for the past 2 weeks. But it's a good CD so it's fine. Other fun fact: So, way back when in York, Sister Brunner and I ran into the Aurora elders and their car was dead so we jumped it for them, and I have a picture of us jumping it, and turns out it was Bruce! So Bruce used to be in York too. We bonded a lot over that.

I was so excited to not have a vegetarian companion anymore, but surpriiiiiise, Sister Tiritilli is a vegetarian. So that's fun. Apparently the Lord is trying to tell me something by putting me with the only 2 vegetarian sisters in the mission. 

I don't know if I'm ever going to figure out this ward because literally half of the members at church have the last name of Bennett. So I've realized that if I'm not sure what someone's name is, I can pretty much just call them Brother or Sister Bennett and that's actually been working so far. And I learned yesterday that there are actually 2 separate Bennett families, so they're not all related. But basically everyone in the ward is related to each other. It is so confusing. I'm never gonna figure this out. 

MIRACLES. I wish I could tell you all about every miracle we had this last week, but there were so many, it was ridiculous. Sister Johnson and Tiritilli and I are so successful together. So I'll just talk about my favorite miracle.

A couple days ago, we were on team-ups with this awesome guy named Waylon, who just recently became active again. He told us that he felt like we should go try his friend's ex-girlfriend sometime because he feels like she could really use the help. So yesterday we decided to go see her after church. We knocked on her door and started talking to her and she immediately opened up and told us how lately she's been feeling different like something needs to change and she's been feeling like she needs to come closer to God and she needs to know her purpose in life and that she got goosebumps as soon as she saw us. We started talking to her and told her about the Restoration and the whole time we were talking, she was saying, "This is so weird, this is freaky, I can't believe you guys just showed up, I still have goosebumps" and then she started crying and told us she had been wanting to end her life the last week and she hadn't because of her 2 kids but she didn't know how to go on, and then we all hugged her and told her how much God loved her and then we invited her to be baptized and she agreed. We gave her the Book of Mormon and she told us she was gonna read the whole thing before Tuesday (that might've been an exaggeration, but it's the thought that counts).

Then later, Waylon called and told us that she had been texting him (her name is Ashley by the way) and she told him that we had been an answer to her prayer and that when I prayed at the end, she felt like she had never felt before and she felt wrapped in God's love, and I am just so glad we were able to meet her and help her. 

"Every trial is an opportunity for you to strengthen your relationship with Christ."

~Sister Temp


No comments:

Post a Comment