Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015


Best companionship EVER. 


Sister Johnson this morning during exercise. ​How sweet is that?


Is it too early for eggnog? Because I drank half a gallon of it this week. It's never too early for eggnog, right? I've already started listening to Christmas music too. Bishop Kunz is not happy that he can hear our Christmas music from upstairs, but he tolerates it. 

TRANSFERS! It's coming up this Friday so be prepared, because there's a very, very slim chance that nothing will change. (so sad)

Here's a fun surprise: WE HAD A BAPTISM ON SATURDAY. I'm not really sure how that happened. So there's this adorably obnoxious 11 year old named TJ who is in a recently re-activated member family and he was planning on being baptized a couple months ago but then something happened and everything went crazy and long story short he was kicked out of school and became a ward of the state and all this nonsense. The family has been a mess since and has been trying to get everything under control. We didn't want to add anything to their plate so we didn't want to bring up baptism again, but then on Tuesday, the Spirit told us to do it, so we did. And they were totally okay with it and TJ was really excited and we somehow threw together a baptism in 4 days. And it was like one of the most spiritual baptisms I've ever been to. TJ was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and he acts up a lot, but he was a little angel on Saturday. He was back to his obnoxious self on Sunday, but he said he felt a difference after he came up out of the water. So cool. I'm so happy for him. I know how much this'll help him. 


How come I only ever baptize sassy adolescent boys?​​​

So funny story, on Tuesday Sister Johnson and Sister Tiritilli decided to let me drive (a mistake they'll never make again, I'm sure) and we went to TJ's house to set him for baptism. We all got out of the car and they asked me if I had the keys and I said yes because I had put them in my pocket, so they locked the car and we started walking towards the house when I realized the keys weren't actually in my pocket. They were sitting on the seat in the car. Soooo we went in the house and set TJ for baptism and then asked them if they knew any good locksmiths. But turns out TJ's aunt, Amber, has what she calls a "slim jim" which is a long metal rod you unlock car doors with. We didn't ask why she had one. But we all went out and she was able to get it unlocked for us for free! Miracle!


We got the conference ensign!!! I'm so happy about that. Except we all have to share and I just want my own. Uchtdorf was seriously on a roll this conference, every single one of his talks was like the best talk I've ever heard. He should always give 3 talks per conference. I read his talk from the Priesthood session today and it's so amazing. Here's a link in case you missed it or want to read it again. Either way, everyone should read it. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/be-not-afraid-only-believe?lang=eng​ 


"I wish I could help everyone to understand this one simple fact: we believe in God because of things we know with our heart and mind, not because of things we do not know . . .

Heavenly Father has prepared for His children a spiritual feast, offering every kind of exquisite food imaginable—and yet, instead of enjoying these spiritual gifts, the cynics content themselves with observing from a distance, sipping from their cups of skepticism, doubt, and disrespect.
Why would anyone walk through life satisfied with the light from the candle of their own understanding when, by reaching out to our Heavenly Father, they could experience the bright sun of spiritual knowledge that would expand their minds with wisdom and fill their souls with joy?"

His talk was just great. "Sipping from their cups of skepticism"? Dang. I love Uchtdorf.


~Sister Temp


No comments:

Post a Comment