Saturday, February 27, 2016

February 16, 2016

Penny got BAPTIZED on Saturday! It was amazing. She was so happy and at church the next day when she got confirmed, everyone kept telling her, "you look different today, you kind of have a glow about you!" She's so cute, I'm so happy for her.


Sister Munger and I did a musical number at zone conference, and then on Saturday at Penny's baptism somebody volunteered us to do a musical number, and then we did another musical number in sacrament meeting, and I am just so musical-numbered-out. I had no idea I would play the piano so much on my mission.
We met this AWESOME lady last week named Rachel. We just knocked on her door and talked with her and tried to give her a Book of Mormon but then she said, "Actually, I already have one of those. Could you just show me some chapters that I should start reading?" That was amazing. And so we set up an appointment for today and we went this morning and she was so excited to see us again and she told us that she's been searching for truth since she was little and she just wants to serve God and last week she was asking Him to send someone to her to show her the way and then we knocked on her door. Our lesson was cut short because one of her kids called and forgot their PE shoes so she had to go get those to him, but she felt so bad about it and wanted us to come back tomorrow to talk with her more and she said she would be baptized if she gets the answer that it's true!

​Our ward is so sweet. We got totally overloaded with chocolate on Valentine's day and then someone came and brought us bouquets so we put them in our super classy vase.

​Here's a giant beetle we found on my wall. They keep showing up. I don't like it.
Quote of the week: It's a poem! 
"Father, where shall I work today?"
And my love flowed warm and free.
The He pointed out a tiny spot 
And said, "Tend that for me."
I answered quickly, "Oh no; not that!
Why, no one would ever see,
No matter how well my work was done;
Not that little place for me."
And the word He spoke, it was not stern;
He answered me tenderly:
"Ah, little one, search that heart of thine.
Art thou working for them or for me?"
Nazareth was a little place,
And so was Galilee.
And bonus quote:
"If you're on the right path, it will always be uphill." ~Henry B. Eyring
~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment