Wednesday, May 4, 2016

April 25, 2016

The flippin sky is beautiful! I am so excited for storm season. We've had some sweet storms already, the thunder makes it hard to sleep sometimes because it's so loud! (The sirens make it hard too . . . we live in a suuuuuper nice part of Lincoln. But don't worry, we feel safe because there's always a ton of cops in our neighborhood.)



We had interviews with President Gardner on Wednesday and they were awesome! I actually found out that I most likely (almost 100% definitely) will be transferred next week. So that's good to know. Transfers came so fast, they're on Wednesday, May 4. So if you have any mail to send, you should probably send it either today or tomorrow or maaayybe the next day. But after that, you should just wait for my new address. If what President told me actually happens, then I'm gonna have the coolest transfer ever. Except it's still a secret, so you'll find out in 2 weeks.


Do you want to hear the coolest miracle EVER? So yesterday morning, Sister Morrin and I were at the church building talking to the Spanish elders in our ward in the foyer and then all of a sudden this guy walks in. None of us knew who he was, so of course we start talking to him and asking him all these questions and he told us that his name is Denver, that he had just moved to Lincoln from Iowa, that missionaries had just met him in Iowa before he left and they gave him all the pamphlets, and then he had looked up online where and when church was, and then he came! And he was like 40 minutes early too. And we asked if he had thought about baptism and he said, "Oh yeah, the last missionaries said I could be baptized on May 28 so I'm hoping to still make that date." He is so cool! Nobody just walks in asking to be baptized! He even said he watched general conference! He actually said that he was glad our ward met at 9 because in Iowa they met at 11 and he likes church earlier so he jokingly called them "The Church of Jesus Christ of the later-in-the-day Saints." He is the coolest guy ever. We won't get to teach him because he'll be going to the singles ward, but it was so cool to meet him.
Sister Morrin finally got her voice back on Friday, so it was only gone for 7 days straight, which is apparently not as bad as last time.


Quote of the Week:
"If all the talent, tact, wisdom, and refinement of the world had been sent to me with the Book of Mormon, and had declared, in the most exalted of earthly eloquence, the truth of it, undertaking to prove it by learning and worldly wisdom, they would have been to me like the smoke which arises only to vanish away. But when I saw a man without eloquence, or talents for public speaking, who could only say, “I know, by the power of the Holy Ghost, that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the Lord,” the Holy Ghost proceeding from that individual illuminated my understanding, and light, glory, and immortality were before me. I was encircled by them, filled with them, and I knew for myself that the testimony of the man was true."  ~Brigham Young

Twins!

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment