Monday, May 18, 2015

May 11, 2015

Well, there was no Mother's Day tornado like last year. That was pretty disappointing. There was aaaalmost a tornado on Wednesday, it was only 45 miles south of us, but then it went around us. On Saturday we woke up at 2 in the morning to the loudest thunder I've heard in my life. I love thunderstorms, but it was actually kinda freaky, especially since there was almost no time gap between the lightning and thunder. But that's about all the storms this week. 

I'm so happy that we're going to Kearney tonight for exchanges. We get to go to FHE with the YSA branch. The Kearney sisters were telling me that the next week after I left Kearney (while I was in Kearney after Sister C left) one of the YSA was like, "Wait . . . Sister Temp was actually . . . temporary?" And apparently that was just the funniest thing ever and he still laughs at that all the time. 

These last couple weeks I've been feeling kind of unmotivated and depressed and I felt like anything more to do would've pushed me too far. And then I started thinking about how maybe I actually needed something to focus on and put all my energy into (not that I even had any energy), but when you're more focused on others, you're less focused on yourself. And then I started thinking about how much I would hate to find out that I had to give a training and that if someone told me that, I would die. But then I got stuck on thinking about giving a training and that thought wouldn't leave my mind, and so I knew it was coming. And this morning the district leader asked if I would give a training this week. It's a really good thing that the Spirit has been preparing me to hear that, otherwise it might've pushed me to the edge. But when I read the text, I just thought to myself, "Ugh, I knew that was coming," and it was no big deal. 

This week we were doing service for Sister Byers and we were helping her paint a fence and of course I was talented enough to somehow turn my head with just the right amount of momentum to swing my glasses off my face right into the can of paint. I couldn't hit a target to save my life but accidentally sending my glasses into the paint can like 5 feet away is the easiest thing in the world.

Turns out Jessi doesn't hate us. Or maybe she does. I don't know, it's really confusing. We went and saw her this week and she told us that she just always got our texts at bad times and would forget to respond. And she told us she would come to church this Sunday and bring her daughter. But she didn't. And she didn't respond to our text. So apparently she just hates us over text. 

We taught Debbie out of Preach My Gospel this week. She kept telling us how she just couldn't feel the Spirit ever so we read chapter 4 with her, which is all about recognizing the Spirit and we helped her to realize that she does feel the Spirit! It was great. I don't think people really understand how common the Spirit is. It's not gonna be some big manifestation, it's little feelings that could almost be taken as your own thoughts. But if you are ever joyful or peaceful or experience anything like that, that's the Spirit. It's that simple. But then she told us that another concern she has is she doesn't know if the Book of Mormon is true or not. And we were like, "Well guess what? The Book of Mormon is topic of the next chapter in Preach My Gospel!" And she laughed, so I guess we're basically gonna read the entire book with her. 

"Your life will be easier when you accept that what God does in your life is for your eternal good." ~Richard G. Scott. 

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment