Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

Sister Brunner let me borrow her card reader, so I have pictures this week!

This is what my wall of notes and quotes and stuff looks like now.

actually that's what it looked like 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's bigger now. 

I don't even know which picture of the sky to send. I've taken so many since I last sent pictures. But here's one from yesterday right before it started raining cats and dogs. There was actually a really awesome double rainbow but when we started driving, the other one kind of vanished. But this is a rainbow going right into McCool Junction, which is pretty sweet.



 Here's the York water tower! Everyone knows the York water tower. You drive right by it on the freeway.


 And this is us at Adopt-A-Pet. You can't tell in this picture, but my left arm is completely coated in mud. It was raining and the dogs attacked me, so I got mud all over me. Sister Brunner is fairly mud-free because she always made me go in first. 



I met Elder Oaks yesterday! He came to the Kearney stake conference and he went through and shook like everybody's hand. Yesterday I felt the Spirit the strongest I've ever felt it. In the 15 minutes before it started while everybody was sitting and chatting, I just felt completely at peace. Which never happens. I wasn't thinking about the past or the future, I was just content and peacefully joyful. I never wanted it to start, I just wanted to stay like that forever. 

Well, I gave a training on Thursday. It feels like that was weeks ago because so much happened between now and then. This training wasn't as bad to prepare, so I think I may be getting the hang of it. But that doesn't mean I like it. Maybe someday. 

This is really cool. So a couple weeks ago, some other missionaries were talking about how God answers specific prayers and they were talking about how they drew a family they wanted to teach, with a dad and a mom and a couple kids, and then they prayed to find the family and they found a family that fit their picture! So Sister Brunner and I thought that was awesome and we wanted to try that. So we drew a family with a 10 year old boy and like a 6 year old boy and like a 2 year old and then a daughter in her early teens. But then we forgot about our picture. And then 2 weeks ago we had an appointment to teach a less active family but we got there and they weren't home. But their neighbors were outside so we decided to go talk to them and the mom's name is Cassie and she didn't seem very interested to me but she said we could come back. We took her cookies on Mother's Day because she seemed pretty stressed and she was really grateful for them and then we went back on Saturday and we started teaching her and she's so awesome! She grew up in a very strict Catholic family and same with her husband (we haven't met him yet) so they don't really have a religion but they call themselves Christian. Which is like the perfect set-up! And then yesterday we were thinking about her and her family and we realized she has all the kids we drew in our picture! She doesn't have a teenage daughter, but she took in her sister's daughter about a month ago so she's been living there with them. How perfect is that. God answers specific prayers!

Quote from Elder Oak's talk yesterday, which he quoted from a little girl talking to him: "I know you are an apostle because you are clean. And your head is shiny."

Actual quote of the week."You don't have to try to be successful for the rest of your life. Just be successful today and then you will be where you want to be."
Just 1 more.


~Sister Temp


No comments:

Post a Comment