Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 26, 2015

I have too much to type and not enough time to type it all. So I'll be quick. 

This week was full of miracles! So, a couple weeks ago we were driving around York and we passed this house with a mustache welcome sign on the front door, and I was like, "Hey! That house has a mustache! We should try it sometime!" And I was mostly just kidding because it's not like the mustache would make that house any more promising than any other house, but Sister Brunner was like "Ugh Sister Temp, stop picking random houses!" (yes, this is a typical thing, me pointing at random houses wanting to try them.) So for a couple weeks we would sometimes write "mustache house" on our list of people to try, and then on Wednesday we finally got around to it. And we were expecting them to tell us to go away like every other house we try, but a girl in her early 20s answered, and she was like "Oh hey! Sorry about my dog, you can come in if you can get around him." And we were like, "whaaat, she's letting us in? She doesn't even know who we are yet!" So then we came in and told her a very abbreviated restoration lesson and she was like, "Wow that sounds awesome! I'm super busy this week because of my sister's graduation, but can you come back next Wednesday and tell me more?" It was ridiculous. So now we're gonna try her tomorrow

Mini miracle: So we were gonna go to Texas Roadhouse last Thursday as a district but then that didn't work out and I was disappointed because that's my favorite restaurant and I was really looking forward to eating steak. But then on Sunday the Deans invited us over for dinner and fed us steak. And then yesterday the Byers invited us for dinner and we had steak again. So we actually got steak 2 days in a row. 

Transfers is coming up this Friday so if you're planning on writing me, you should probably hold off until next Monday when I let you know where I'm at. At first, I felt like Sister Brunner and I were definitely staying in York, but now we keep feeling like something's gonna happen this transfers. And then this week, the pedals on the piano at our place stopped working, so I'm kinda hoping I get transferred somewhere with a working piano. (That's a terrible reason to want to be transferred haha). 

We bought Meet the Mormons this week! I love that movie. Yall should go watch it if you get the chance. It's only $8 at Walmart and I think it might be on Netflix. Oh and we got our conference ensigns this week! That was probably the most exciting thing ever. I really loved this last conference and it was awesome to be able to go back and read some of my favorite talks. I really loved Rosemary M. Wixom's talk and Kevin W. Pearson had an awesome talk too. So my quote of the week comes from his talk:

"If you are struggling, confused, or spiritually lost, I urge you to do the one thing I know will get you back on track. Begin again to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon every day, every day, every day. I testify of the profound power in the Book of Mormon that will change your life and strengthen your resolve to follow Christ. The Holy Ghost will change your heart and help you see things as they really are."

I felt the Spirit testifying to me of the truthfulness of that as I was just typing it. The Spirit is so cool when you're able to recognize it all the time. That's one of the greatest blessings to me from coming on a mission. I definitely know the Book of Mormon has that power to clarify your mind if you study it every single day. 

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment