Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 14, 2015

We got to go to the temple! Again. When Sister P and I asked President Gardner if we could go to the temple instead of the game last week, we didn't realize that our zone temple trip was scheduled for the week after. So we got to go 2 weeks in a row! That was really nice. Except now we don't get to go back for 12 weeks.  I hope we survive.

But we had this really cool experience at the temple! After the session we were all sitting and I grabbed some scriptures and opened up randomly and read this verse that I knew Sister Peters would like so I beckoned her over and showed her and she really loved it and then I looked down the page and saw another verse that had to do with something we had been talking about a couple three days ago so I pointed it out and said "Hey this answers your other question," but I don't know why I worded it like that because she hadn't asked me anything, but then she looked at me and was super shocked and she was like, "How did you know? I was literally just praying to Heavenly Father about that!" So that was really cool.

Here's a lovely picture of my awkward zone. The Elkhorn elders are not in this picture because they are very awkward and decided to leave as we were taking a group picture. We told them to come back, but they just threw peace signs over their shoulders and kept walking. Yup, those are our elders.





And then Saturday we got to do this ward project of scraping and painting a house! That was really fun. We got to wear the Helping Hands vests!





​temple selfie!



isn't it pretty?​



​and the sky. It's been a while.



Quote of the Week: "Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, He does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, His is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him."
That's from a really cool talk called "But if Not." Here's a link. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2004/04/but-if-not?lang=eng

Second quote of the week: "It is better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent."

And that's all I have for this week.

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment