Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 5, 2015




Transfers was last Friday! I forgot to mention that in my last email. But that happened. And Sister Peters and I both stayed in Elkhorn! Although I did hear from my sources (my sources being the mission president) that I was intended for a new area, but the Lord directed otherwise. 

Although . . . okay it's a long story. But long story short, both Sister Peters and I will be going to new areas in next week or two or three. We're not sure when, but President told us he's hoping to move us soon. So yeah, that's the abbreviated version. So for now, if you have a letter you're planning on sending today or tomorrow, then go for it, but otherwise send it to the mission office. 

11027 Martha Street
Omaha, NE 68144

No, there was no disobedience or anything, and she and I got along fine. He just received revelation that we would benefit more from being somewhere else so he's trying to move us as soon as possible. So that's fun.

General Conference was so awesome!!! It was so good. I laughed, I cried, it moved me. I still think Uchtdorf's talk from the women's session was still the best one, but Sister Marriott's was a close second. I also really liked Elder Durrant's talk about ponderizing a scripture every week. That was awesome. I'm gonna do that for the rest of my life. Here's a bunch of cute quotes from conference in cute little boxes! https://www.lds.org/media-library/images/category/october-2015-general-conference-picture-quotes?cid=HP_SA_10-3-2015_dOCS_fMLIB_xLIDyL2-3_&lang=eng 

Sorry this email is lame. Not much happened this week besides conference. But nothing would compare to conference anyway.

Quote of the week from Neill F. Marriott: When we offer our broken heart to Jesus Christ, He accepts our offering. He takes us back. No matter what losses, wounds, and rejection we may have suffered, His grace and healing are mightier than all. Truly yoked to the Savior, we can say with confidence, “It will all work out.”


The corn is dyyyyying! Good thing I'll still be here when it turns green again.
 
~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment