Wednesday, October 21, 2015

September 28, 2015


​Look at that face. Moose is seriously the cutest dog ever. I'm so glad I live with people who have dogs.

OH MY GOODNESS. I can't believe Elder Richard G. Scott passed away this week! That's too many. They better stop this, I don't like it. I even happened to use and Elder Scott quote as my quote of the week last week! Augh. But I am so excited for General Conference. I just want it to be today. The Womens Broadcast was awesome! I normally don't really like the women's broadcast because they're all too sugary sweet, but it wasn't that bad this time. I LOVED Elder Uchtdorf's talk. It's probably my favorite talk ever. Everyone should read/watch it. Here's a link, so you know I 'm serious. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2015/10?lang=eng&vid=4512255275001&cid=10 I don't know if that's exactly the right link. . . But you know how to find it.

Oh, fun story. We set someone for baptism! The stake president, President Perkes, is in our ward and he is the best member missionary ever. He's been responsible for 4 of the 8 baptisms that our ward has had this year. He invited us to his house to teach this guy that he's been working on for a couple three years. His name is Mohsen (he's from Iran) and he's dating this woman who's a member but has been less active for years. Her name is Nancy (She's from Columbia (so basically we have trouble understanding either of them)). She came to our lesson too. We taught him the Restoration and he wants to be baptized and have Christ in His life. He's so humble and sincere, he kept apologizing for crying. He and Nancy came to church yesterday and they're just awesome.

We had a lesson with Amanda. I don't know if I talked about her yet. Her husband got baptized last spring and then they moved here from Kansas and nobody has any clue why she's not baptized too. She comes to church every week with her family and has had missionaries coming to teach her for like a year. She's heard all the lessons 4 times. Our bishop and ward mission leader both told us that they believe she'll be baptized by sisters, and we're the first sister missionaries she's ever met. We met with her and her visiting teachers and one of them had the idea for all of us to do Personal Progress together. So we've been working on that for a couple weeks and it's kinda fun. And she's actually doing it! She's like the first person I've ever taught who actually keeps commitments. I was shocked that she actually did it, which I shouldn't have been. I need more faith. Good thing we're on the faith section in Personal Progress.

We got to see Joe and he asks a LOT of deep questions that we don't really know the answers to. . . like a lot about the apostasy and comparing the LDS church to the Catholic church and stuff. So it's a really good thing that our team-up is a seminary teacher and he answered all of his questions perfectly. I got to play his piano and it's the most beautiful grand piano I've ever played. Joe is so excited to watch general conference with us! I'm excited. He really has a desire to learn.

Quote of the week from Women's Conference: “There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life… God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life. And sure enough, the world will become brighter. No, it doesn’t happen instantly, but honestly, how many good things do?" ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf


​The clouds kinda look like cotton candy. Or just cotton I guess, but I like cotton candy better.


There was a blood moon last night! It looked a lot cooler than it does in this picture. I wish my camera took better pictures of the sky.

​~Sister Temp


No comments:

Post a Comment