Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 11, 2015


Alright, I have some bad news. (Well, not bad, just news.) Because the mtc is going back to 3 weeks instead of 2, I have an extra week on my mission now. And President Gardner changed everything about how transfers work so now transfers happen on Wednesday instead of Friday, and missionaries going home leave on Thursday instead of Wednesday. So with the extra week and the extra day, I'll now be coming home on July 28.


​Yesterday was so COLD. -1 degree. Who does that. It was actually -3 earlier but I didn't have my camera then. Today when we walked outside I thought, "Hey, this is pretty nice, it's not nearly as bad as yesterday." and then we got in the car and saw that it was 20 degrees and I was like, "Hey that's not bad!" It's weird how your brain adjusts so that 20 degrees becomes "pretty nice."






On Wednesday we had zone training and I got to see Sister Tiritilli (because we're still in the same zone) and Sister Johnson (because she's our sister training leader)! It was so fun to be with them again. When the zone leaders were making announcements, they said that my birthday had been the day before (awkward) and then they said the sister training leaders had something planned. So they made me go to the front and sit in a chair and they sang happy birthday and it was awkward because having people sing to you is always awkward but then Sister Johnson walked in and handed me a pack of bacon, so it was all good. Haha after zone training, this elder walked up to me (he's the new AP but he was also in my very first district) and he joked about how it's better to get bacon than a pack of hot dogs. (because forever ago, some elders gave me a pack of hot dogs because they thought they were funny and I told them I don't like hot dogs.) Bacon is definitely better than hot dogs.

So I read this amazing talk and all of you need to read it as well, here's link. It explains the Atonement so perfectly.  https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/stephen-e-robinson_believing-christ-practical-approach-atonement/

Quote of the Week:
"Of course we fail at the celestial level. That’s why we need a savior, and we are commanded to approach God and to call upon him so we may receive *according
to our desires. *In the New Testament the Savior says, 'Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled' (Matthew 5:6). We misinterpret that frequently. We think that means blessed are the righteous. It does not. When are you hungry? When are you thirsty? When you don’t have the object of your desire. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after the righteousness that God has, after the righteousness of the celestial kingdom, because as that is the desire of their heart, they can achieve it—they will be filled. We may receive 'according to our desires.'" ~Stephen E. Robinson

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment