Sunday, April 19, 2015

Feb 23



Things are greeeeat, I'm more adjusted to the cold now. Like this morning we walked over to the Byers to do our laundry and I was wearing a cardigan, not my big coat, cuz I had barely showered and as we were walking over there (it only takes like a minute to walk from our door to theirs) I realized that my hair had frozen since it was still wet. My hair froze. It was weird, but kinda cool. So the cold isn't too bad anymore. I've gotten better with sleep too, I'm not totally miserable and exhausted when I have to get up in the morning, but I do still nap during most of our lunch hours.

My companion is still great, have I really talked about Sister Christensen yet? She is literally exactly like me. Except like a better me since she's been on a mission for almost a year and a half now. But we think exactly the same way and have a lot of similar experiences and she always knows what I prefer with everything because she just has to think about what she would prefer, and vice versa. Like we don't even have to explain ourselves cuz we know the other thinks the same way. It's so nice to be on the same page about everything. And she was super shy too so she always knows how to help me with that. 

Being the primary pianist is awesome, the kids are so cute. And even though I haven't had enough time to practice all the songs we do and I know there's no way I could play them as well as I do, my fingers just go to the right place and it surprises me that I'm able to play it. It's definitely a blessing.  And yesterday when I went into primary, the primary president was asking all the teachers and adults in the room what they were going to do this week to remember Christ more and they said all the basic answers like scriptures and prayer and stuff, and then she asked me and I said that I would try to serve more this week. And this one girl in the front row, probably about 9, nodded all seriously when I said that and then she was like "Sister Temp? That's gonna be really hard for you since you already do sooo much service." I love all the kids.
Last week at our district meeting, Sister C and I walked in and there was a package of hot dogs on my seat. And all the elders were just staring at me waiting to see my reaction, because I had told Elder Ingalls and Williams a few days before that I was picky and I told them everything I didn't like and it shocked them a lot. And so they decided to buy me hot dogs. Naturally. But then they're like okay okay, here's something you actually like. And then they pulled out a cheesecake and life was good. But then I shocked them again when i picked all the cherries off and they can't understand how there's even anything I'm willing to eat. 

Here's an update on Danielle. So we went with Brother Hofferber, the branch mission leader, to go try her again since he said we're not allowed to go back without an adult, plus it doesn't hurt that he's a cop. So we go to the door and some guy answers and apparently Danielle is in jail. So there's the end of that story. We're not allowed to go to the prison but Brother Hofferber is gonna find out what she's in for and how long, so we know if we can see her again.
Here's an awesome story, so we got a referral from the Hastings elders because there's this girl in their ward who has a boyfriend who lives here in York and he's not a member but she got him to meet with the missionaries. That's us. So we got to meet with him on Saturday for the first time and we taught him the Restoration and he just sat there taking everything in and accepting it all and the Spirit was really strong and then at the end of the lesson we asked if he would be baptized and he immediately said yes! He's set for March 28! So that's exciting. He came to church yesterday too and just quietly took everything in and told us about how he loves it.
So there's my week. And if you're looking for something to pray for, you could totally pray for me for this Wednesday because I'm giving a training at district meeting and I'm just . . . really looking forward to that.
I forgot my quote book at home, dang it. Um, how about one by Uchtdorf? "Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love."
~Sister Temp





I forgot pictures, but here are a few. Oh and transfers are coming up next week, I think they officially happen Friday and we'll know what's happening the day before. But there's no way Sister C or I are getting transferred. And transfers happen every 6 weeks. Except the next transfer is only going to be 5 weeks for some reason, so the one after may be 7? We're not sure.


Here are all the sisters in our zone, minus the set of Spanish speaking. The one next to me in the scarf is Sister Lutz and the one below me and Sister C is Sister Wilson, they're our sister training leaders. And the 2 on the left are the Grand Island sisters, but I don't know them like at all. 


​And this is Sister Christensen. She's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment