Sunday, April 19, 2015

March 16

Everything's great here in McCool Junction and York! I kind of had a breakdown this week because I realized that my mission isn't going to last forever. But that's how it feels when you're here. But I still have a ton of time left so hopefully I'll actually be ready to go home when it happens. I remember just sitting in the car driving to an appointment and I was looking out the window and then I thought to myself "Life is great. I'm so happy to be a missionary here in York, Nebraska. I never want this to end." So it's nice to finally be really enjoying my mission since I kind of have to keep living with it for another 16 months. But Nebraska is really starting to grow on me. I discovered this week how much I LOVE the wind, as long as it's not freezing outside. But it's been like 60-70 all week so the wind just feels really nice. I never understood how Arizona has a complete lack of weather conditions until I came here. Now I'm really excited for tornado season, even though I know I shouldn't be. 

Cameron went to Texas all week, so we haven't seen him for a while and we weren't anticipating a week setback. So he probably can't get baptized on the 28th still since we have quite a few more lessons to teach him and we don't want to just cram them all in. But I'm pretty sure he's still going to be baptized, it may just be a few weeks later than we were expecting.

My sleepiness is as bad as it was in the MTC again. I was doing really good for a while but I don't know what happened, it's just so hard to stay awake all day now. Especially in the mornings. When Sister C turns the lights on and I sit up, it literally feels like it's 10:30 and I just feel so ready to lay down and go to sleep for the night. But I'm sure it'll get better. 

Sick days are the worst. You would think they're nice because you get a break (that's what I thought in the MTC, I couldn't wait to get sick) but it's just awful because you're just sitting around dying to go out and teach, and you feel super guilty for not doing it, and it's so frustrating because you may be contagious so you don't even get the option to suffer in silence and work through it because you really don't want to spread it. People don't really like missionaries as much when they make them sick. But luckily I was better enough to go to church yesterday. It's really weird, as a missionary you just love going to church so much. And I am like SO excited for general conference! You don't even know how excited I am. It's kind of weirding me out. 

Also, according to the program this week, I am now Sister Tram. Hahaha I just think it's so funny because I really don't understand how people are able to mess up a 4 letter name but they can get Christensen every time.

Here's a quote I may or may not have shared before: 
If you look at the world, you'll be distressed,
If you look within, you'll be depressed,
If you look to Christ, you'll be at rest.

Happy almost Saint Pattie's Day!
~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment