Sunday, April 19, 2015

March 9



Well this has been a pretty good week. We had transfers and we were really worried that either us or the elders would get transferred since so many missionaries just went home and we didn't get nearly enough to make up for it, but both sets got to stay! That was a relief since it would be extreeeemely difficult for just 1 set of missionaries to cover this whole huge area the size of Connecticut. 

The motab rule isn't too awful because I really do like motab, but all of their songs sound practically the same to me. We had to deep clean our place this week because of transfers and we only had 1 motab CD so we listened to that for about 4 hours straight. So now I'm just a little sick of motab but it'll be great, I'm sure. This one song, O Divine Redeemer, sounds a lot like parts of the Daleks' theme music from Doctor Who at certain parts, so I had to stop listening to that song because it always got me unfocused. What a strange problem to have. 

At district meeting last week, our district leader gave us this quote that I found fairly accurate: "As missionaries, we are all awkward angels." So true. Just every part of missionary life is so awkward.

Sister C and I had a dinner this week and this Sister served us these things called Snapea Crisps and they are SO GOOD. Sister C and I are kind of obsessed with them, except they're just a tad out of our missionary budget. But hopefully we'll find a way to get more.

Who came up with daylight savings time? Why is this a thing? We lost an hour of sleep Sunday night because of it. Thank goodness Arizona takes no part in such nonsense. 

Cameron is just so ready for the gospel, it's just the best. The Lord prepared him so much for us. We met with him again this week and he OFFERED to say the opening prayer. And normally we have to ask everyone we teach to say the prayer and normally they say no and make one of us say it instead. We taught Cameron the plan of salvation and he was just like "Yeah, this makes sense." It's so cool to watch him just accept everything. He even said that he really doesn't like reading but he enjoys reading the Book of Mormon. I can't wait for him to get baptized. Hopefully nothing gets in his way.

Quote of the Week: A poem we heard in district meeting that I really liked:
I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard.
And will be answered, soon or late,
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blessed.

I love how it repeats "I know not" because it shows faith. We really don't know anything but all we need to know is that God knows everything, and He always answers prayers and gives us what we need.

And I read these amazing talks that I love and highly recommend for everyone. ~Becoming Perfect in Christ - Gerrit W. Gong (this is helping me to get over my perfectionism)
~The Most Important Things - Lawrence E. Corbridge
~Of Things That Matter Most - Dieter F. Uchtdorf. (If you only want to read one of these, definitely pick this one, it's probably my favorite talk ever.)

Also, if you wanna listen to a talk (actually I don't know if you would call it a talk) but we listened to this talk but Troy Dunn (He's kinda like John Bytheway) called Life is a Football Game. This one's super fun and kids would like it too. But you have to listen to it because reading it just wouldn't be the same.


​Look at the sky! It's just so beautiful. All the time. I love it.

~Sister Temp

No comments:

Post a Comment