Sunday, April 19, 2015

March 2



This week was woooonderful. On P-day last Monday our zone went bowling, which was a nice break. I scored 124 on my first round! I really miss bowling. And while we were at the bowling alley, Sister C and I found out that apparently we were getting picked up that night for our meeting in Omaha for the next day. Which was news to us. Apparently this mission struggles with communication. They were picking us up at 7 pm, and it was like 4:30 by then. So we hurried home to pack and eat dinner and all that stuff. But when we got to Omaha that night, we found out we were staying with Sister Johnson and her companion! It was so awesome to get to see her again. At the meeting, President Weston informed us that the only approved music for the mission is now Motab. And that's it. Soooooo that was just great news. It was really hard at first but I'm pretty sure the Lord is blessing me to love Motab, because there is no way I should be fine with this, but I am. 

I had to give a training at the last district meeting, so I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was for that. But everyone said it was really good, though I'm not sure I believe them. Hopefully they were listening to the Spirit as their teacher instead of me. Have I mentioned the Secret Guild of Bacon Lovers yet? I learned about it in my first district meeting here and they inducted me in pretty quick, of course. Before the district meeting last Wednesday, we cooked bacon in the church kitchen and it was wonderful. It was the last district meeting for the president of the guild, Elder Ingalls, and so he had to pass off the presidency to someone else and I have no idea why he picked me but I was elected as the next president. And I denied but they ignored my refusal and voted me in anyway. And apparently you're not allowed to fire yourself as president. I asked. 

We went to Adopt-a-Pet on Thursday and it was like the saddest thing ever. My favorite dog Wiley had to go and bite someone and apparently it was really serious so they have to put him down. Sister C and I got to have one last goodbye with him before they took him away. I don't understand why he would bite anyone, he's such a gentle giant. It's gonna be so sad going back there when he's gone.

Yesterday at church was really cool since it was testimony meeting. It's so different being in a small branch instead of a huge ward. I've only been here for a little over a month and I knew everyone that went up and shared their testimonies. It's different from when I was in a ward for like 8 years and every fast Sunday I would sit there and wonder who half the people were that went up to bear their testimonies. I like actually knowing everyone at church.  

There's such weird lingo here. I'm gonna come back and none of you will be able to understand anything I'll say. I'll say phrases like, "Let's have supper at the Runzas a couple-three farcansees away."

I have a question for yall, what do you want from my emails? Day-to-day life, cool experiences, the people I teach, I don't know. Feedback would be appreciated. I don't know if anything I say actually matters or not. 

Quote of the Week: "So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial. Doesn't it seem foolish to spoil sweet and joyful experiences because we are constantly anticipating the moment when they will end? Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I just love Uchtdorf so much. 

~Sister Temp

I forgot pictures! This is the beautiful sky. I am literally obsessed with the Nebraska sky. That is my absolute favorite part of being here I think. I just love the clouds and the colors and it's always so beautiful.

This is me and Sis C, being great companions.

And this is our gloriously awkward district.

~Sister Temp


Sorry, here's just a few more pictures. I apologize for their awkwardness. But I felt like they had to be sent.




No comments:

Post a Comment